Rubbish Skip Hire
If you contemplating a substantial DIY project, a garden tidy-up or makeover, or just having that house clearance that you have been talking about for ages, the job in-hand can be made so much easier by way of using skip hire.
With so many waste disposal operators now offering this service, skip hire has become more affordable than in years gone by. In addition you can now choose a particular size of rubbish skip to suit your individual needs and budget. You can choose a midi skip for those small projects where a large builders sized skip is just too much, a medium skip for jobs such as loft clearances and getting rid of old furniture, and a large skip for when tackling big diy projects and home improvement work.
For garden clearance work the size of skip you need to hire will depend on how much rubbish you need to get rid of, for most users a standard “builders” skip will be sufficient.
Benefits of using rubbish skip hire:
1) You can dispose of your rubbish and waste in a single container, with just a few exceptions (such as waste chemicals and electrical goods) a rubbish skip can be used for almost anything. Just check with the company before you start filling it.
2) It can save you hours of your precious time. Instead of you having to make numerous trips back and forth to your local waste depot (dump or tip) you can get rid of your waste “on your doorstep”. Not only does this save you time, but it can also save you money on fuel and transportation charges.
It can also save you from messing up or soiling the family car.
3) In most cases it saves you having to manually sift and separate all the rubbish into different containers, which can often be a time consuming and really messy job.
4) Disposing of household waste in the best way. The hiring of a rubbish skip from a reputable skip hire company gives you full piece of mind knowing that your waste is being disposed of in an environmentally friendly way, which is extremely important in this day and age. As well as rules and regulations we all need to protect the environment that we live in.
5) Rubbish Skips can be hired in a choice of different sizes, meaning you can choose one to suit individual needs and budget. Most are priced by their physical size or volume that they will hold. A few companies promote them by their weight capacity too.
Points to consider:
For health and safety reasons that are items which you are not permitted to dispose of in a skip, a few of these items worthy of a mention in this article are: old batteries, gas canisters, aerosols, old tyres, chemicals and oils, old lpg cylinders, electrical appliances including old fridges, freezers and televisions, medical supplies etc.
A comprehensive list of prohibited items can be obtained from your chosen local skip hire company.
Ease of use:
Using a skip is really easy, most home owners choose this method of waste disposal and removal because of the convenience and flexibility that it provides. As long as the skip container is sited off the public highway you can pretty much fill it as and when you want to. If the rubbish or unwanted items that you are disposing of are light in weight they can be simply deposited into the skip by hand, heavy items may need wheeling into the skip by way of using a sack or wheel barrow in conjunction with a ramp or scaffold board.
Clearing a garden or a yard? It will make life easier if you manage to get the container sited as close to the garden or yard as possible. If there is good access then the skip hire company will be able to back their delivery lorry up and drop the skip in the best place.
Is cheap skip hire possible?
As with most commodities and services you do usually get whet you pay for and the service of providing rubbish and waste skip hire is no exception. What is important to consider is that when shopping around for prices you get a “like to like” quote on the same sized container, including any collection and delivery charges, including any permit fees, and also including any taxes or vat elements.
Finding a skip hire company:
There are several ways in which you could find a suitable rubbish skip hire company. To mention a few you could ask friends, neighbours, and relatives if there is a company they could recommend to you? you could look through a local newspaper or telephone book for company listings? you could look online using a search engine such as Google.co.uk. With the growth of the internet you will find countless companies that advertise this service, you just need to find one local to you (for example you may need a Leicester Skip Hire company? or possibly one in Leeds, Lincoln, Liverpool, or London?). By choosing a local company you can save money on any relevant delivery or collection charges.
You could also find such a company by keeping your eyes open for one of their delivery lorries as you go about your daily journey in the car or whilst on the bus. Most operators of this type have their contact details including their telephone number sign written on their lorries as well as on the rubbish skips themselves.
Last, you could also contact your local council / authority for recommendations on local waste disposal companies. They will have details of all local companies that provide this service as they have to be licensed and registered.
About the Author
We feature articles on a wide range of topics as well as features on products and services. For use at home and at the workplace we have an article on how best to dispose of rubbish and waste by way of using a local Skip Hire Company. This method of waste collection and removal can prove to be very flexible as well as cost effective when compared to other methods and options. As well as worldwide skip hire is popular throughout Europe as well as all areas and regions in the UK.